Coach the person not the problem - Jonathan Passmore & Tracy Sinclair book
At PCC and even more so at MCC level, there is an expectation that the coach will not only hold and work with the client’s topic, they will also focus on how the client thinks, feels, learns, relates and creates. This might also extend to the client’s values and beliefs, how they view the world and how they see or want to be their place in the word. For example, the coach might ask: “How might this new project align with the values you shared earlier?” or “What are the beliefs and values that you will honor when you have that conversation?”
( Coaching the person instead of problem ) could be noticing and inquiring about client emotions or feelings such as: “I’m sensing some disappointment and I’d like to check ...how is this for you?” or “I can see your emotion and I know this is important for you, would you like to explore this further?” This brings us to the topic of the client’s emotions and in particular strong emotions.
A client expressing emotions, for example crying, does not necessarily become un-resourceful, lacking in creativity or broken!
Labels: coaching


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home